Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2011

Well, seven million calories later, our Savannah interlude is over.  The good news is I enjoyed every single bite, the bad news is, we only walked/ran off about half of what we ate.  Oh, well.  A new year is dawning, and Savannah was just the breath I needed to wrap my mind around a few life decisions.

For what it's worth, the pedicurist didn't run screaming into the street, and I don't think she quit after I left. I went with the "don't ask, don't tell" approach.  The only comments she made were, "So, are you a runner?" and "You runners are really tough on your feet, huh?"  I'm thankful someone was finally able to tell by looking at me that I'm a runner.  Even if it was because of the sad state of my feet.
Happy Feet!  You can't tell, but they're extra happy cause they're at Starbucks, and yes, I wore my spa shoes to keep the polish intact!


  We particularly enjoyed our anniversary meal at The Olde Pink House restaurant.  In 31 years of anniversary meals, eaten in such exotic locales as Tahiti, Maui, and Kona, I think this was the absolute best food I've eaten.  That's saying a LOT.  And, the evening was complete with the horse and carriage ride back to the Gastonian.  Cindy, our guide, was full of juicy, gossipy tidbits about Savannah, and Felix, our steed, was well behaved, even though we were his last job of the evening and he was quite ready to hit the hay.  Absolutely perfect day.
Cindy and Felix outside the Gastonian

Thankful for so many things, one of which was I didn't have to walk back to the hotel in heels after eating that HUGE meal!


We drove to Columbus, Georgia the next day to begin our journey home.  Love this artsy little town.  Great running trail built along the Chatahoochee River that stretches for about 22 miles.  This town needs my further attention on another trip.  Couldn't do it justice in the short stay we were there.
Eagle and Phenix Mill at dawn

The Chatahoochee River trail on our pre-dawn run



Hope your Christmas is filled with family, love, and joy.  Celebrate the season with some time alone with God to thank Him for His amazing gift, and enjoy the day!

“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”” Luke 2:11-14 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment