Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Run like Phoebe

I admit it.  I'm a closet Friends fanatic.  I've watched all the episodes at least ten times each, and I still DVR the reruns to play in the background when I'm cleaning or working at something that doesn't require my entire concentration.  The jokes are still funny, the characters are warm and familiar, they keep me company and feel like friends.  Whew!  I feel so much better having gotten that off my chest!

One of my favorite episodes is "The One Where Phoebe Runs."  Phoebe and Rachel have a falling out because on their run together, Phoebe didn't run in a way that Rachel considered "normal" and it embarrassed her.  Phoebe said that she runs like she did when she was a child, because it was fun, and she liked to run so fast she thought her legs would fall off.   She ran with wild abandon, arms flailing, not worrying about form or speed, just running for the simple joy of it.

One of my RW Quotes of the Day this week said in part that while visualizing our success that we should think of a runner we want to emulate and imagine ourselves running like him/her.  I know of a lot of elite runners and non professional runners I would like to emulate, but I think I'll be most successful running like Phoebe.  I think I probably already do.  ;)


1 comment: