Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

Race nerves

Race weekend is here, and it's as exciting as ever. But, I'll admit it. Race nerves have set in already. I know I can do this, but there's always the element of unpredictablity on race day. That's what makes racing fun, but also what makes it a little nerve racking. I would say it is only nerve shattering for newbie racers like me, but I think race nerves cut across all levels of ability. They don't play favorites.

Worries about weather, old injuries, tummy issues, and the ability to finish at all, much less finish strong, war with each other inside my head. Tummy issues in particular concern me. Without venturing into the territory of oversharing, I would covet your prayers on race day about my GI issues. They seem to be the biggest thorn in my paw for this race.

Ran across this verse in my Bible reading today.

 "1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." Hebrews 12:1


May this verse apply to our lives every day, in every way.


Amen and amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment